Preview of Intimate Justice (my romantic suspense in the making)

I packed up my overnight bag, fixed myself a bath liked I always do, and picked out an outfit. I took out a dress from my closet, a purple beaded mermaids dress with sheer flutter sleeves. The dress also had a dipped neckline, a beaded bodice, and a layered mermaids hem. With my matching dark purple heels and sixteen-inch freshwater pearl necklace, my ensemble was complete. I got into my La Salle with my bags in tow, booked a hotel room on my smartphone, confirmed it, and drove to the hotel. As soon as I checked in at the front desk, I went up to my room on the fifth floor and unpacked my by overnight bag. I then texted Derek, letting him know I was at the hotel. I went downstairs to the lobby and into the restaurant. I silenced my smartphone and looked the menu once I was seated, Derek arrived a few minutes later. He looked at me and said, “Wow, Charlotte, you look so stunning tonight.” “Why,thank you.” I replied. Derek said as he sat beside me at the table. We ordered our drinks before we took a walk around the buffet table. “How are you feeling today?” Derek asked me as we sat down together. “A little better right now, though I still feel angry and betrayed by my husband and my best friend. But I don’t want to talk about them now.” I replied. “I felt about my now-ex best friend.” Derek responded. “Right now, being with you is a lot better than being at home by myself while the husband's away.” I said to Derek. “I’m not only a lawyer, but I'm also a woman.” I said as I ate the food on my plate. “I agreed. I mean, you should go out and live a little. Busybodies need a break every now and then.” Derek responded. “The last time I had dinner with a man that wasn't my husband was last Father’s Day when I took my dad out to dinner.” I replied. “That was nice of you. Your parents must be very proud and blessed to have you as a daughter.” Derek said as he smiled at me. “Yeah, my parents have always been proud and supportive of me. My dad was extremely happy when I applied for a scholarship to law school, passed the LSAT, made the Dean’s List at Harvard, maintained a 4.0 GPA, and graduated with honors. My mom was proud, too. She’s was especially proud that I was growing up too fast.” I replied. Derek and I not only enjoyed the food, we also enjoyed each other's company. After two trips to the buffet, I was ready for dessert. I walked up to the dessert station and fixed up a bowl of vanilla soft serve, topped with cheesecake pieces, hot fudge, caramel, and fresh strawberries. I came back and offered Derek some of my dessert, I watched as he scooped up a strawberry with some of the soft serve as he fed it to me. “Charlotte, can I ask you a very personal question?” Derek asked me. “Go ahead.” I replied. “Have you ever thought about having an affair?” Derek asked me. “In my head, yes. But never in real life.” I replied honestly. After dinner, Derek walked with me to my hotel room on the fifth floor. “I really enjoyed having dinner with you, Derek.” I said to him. “I enjoyed you, too” Derek replied. I opened the door and said, “Would you like to come in?” “Yeah.” Derek said as I let him into my hotel room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bellydancer Next Door

Honey Lust story extended preview

Sneak peek of My Under the Cover Angel (Kellan Lutz visual)