Preview: Custom Made

My name is Alexandra Maria Evangeline Laurence and I love things that sparkle. Even though I came from a wealthy family, we’re also a hard-working family. My mom Lila owned a spa and has her own line of bath and body products, my dad Michael owned and operated a men’s suit shop, my older brother Anthony’s a pro-soccer-star-in-the-making/ physical therapist, and my younger sister Crystal’s studying to be an entrepreneur so she can start her own cosmetics/fragrance company, aspiring to become the next Elizabeth Arden or Estee Lauder. As for myself, I’m an aspiring fashion/jewelry/accessory designer, currently while I work at Saks Fifth Avenue as a sales associate and a cashier at American Eagle Outfitters. You’re probably wondering why a rich girl like me is working two jobs at two clothing stores. You see I go to design school and I make extra money for tuition, books, an apartment, etc. My siblings and I got trust funds which we can’t touch till we’re 30, but we don’t mind that at all because we all got something to work for.

Even though the economy’s shaky, we kept ourselves busy. We also chipped in to help our parents out. Sometimes, they even borrowed money from us. Other than wealth, we also travel and socialize with a lot of people. Not only do we work, earn, and spend, we even participated in charitable events for the community. For example, last October my mom participated in a 5K run for breast cancer awareness. I recently threw an event called “The Haiti Hop”, which was a dance party/benefit that raised money for the people of Haiti affected by the devastating earthquake. I personally believe that fund-raising should be fun.

Today, I went to Sparkle & Shine, a popular jewelry/accessory shop downtown. My BFF Sadie Valeria Portia Darlington, an aspiring MAM (model/actress/mogul), had a birthday coming up in two weeks. I went into the store to make her a custom-made diamond necklace as a gift to her. While I was there, I took a look at the extensive and exquisite. I looked at a black satin headband with a red rose and decorated with Swarovski crystals. As I looked at the accessories section, I had noticed a banner that said, “We do custom orders!”

I walked up to the front of the jewelry section, looked at the person up front, and said, “Excuse me, I noticed that you do custom orders here at the store.”

A handsome, young, man looked at me and replied, “Why yes we do. Is there something I can make for you, miss?”

“Yes, actually I was wondering if you can make a necklace for my best friend. Her birthday’s in two weeks.” I said to him.

“Sure thing. My name’s David and I’m the jeweler and I’m also the salesperson here.” He said.

“I’m Alexandra, but you can call me Alex.” I said to him.

“So what kind of necklace does your friend like?” David asked me.

“Sadie likes a necklace where she can wear low, like down to her belly button. She also loves colored diamonds and her favorite colors are pink, blue, purple, and yellow.” I replied.

David was this nice and handsome man with short, dark blonde hair and green eyes. “Your best friend has good taste. So what’s her birthstone?” He said.

I replied, “Her birthday’s in March, so her birthstone is aquamarine.”

David smiled at me and said, “Sounds lovely. My birthday’s in September, which makes my birthstone a sapphire. What’s your birthstone?”

“My birthday’s in May, so mine’s an emerald.” I replied.

David then got out his sketch pad and started designing my best friend’s birthday necklace. While he sketched out a design for the necklace, I did a little shopping for myself and got a little something for Crystal too. I got her a four-strand freshwater pearl necklace, a red leather headband with black lace on top, and a three heart-shaped diamond bracelet. I got myself that headband that I first saw, a diamond-and-lace choker necklace, and a sterling silver charm bracelet.

After a couple of minutes, David said to me, “Alex, can you come here for a minute? I want you to check out my design for your friend’s necklace.”

He showed me the design he made for the necklace. The design was a five-strand necklace set in silver and white gold. The first strand had pink diamonds; the second strand had blue diamonds, the third strand had purple diamonds, the fourth strand had yellow diamonds, and the fifth and final strand had aquamarine stones which led to a heart-shaped pendant filled with aquamarine stones. Plus, all five strands were in different lengths. I found it very impressive and amazing.

“That’s amazing, David! I can’t wait to see how it would look once it is all finished.” I said with a smile on my face.

He even showed me the design for the back of the necklace, which had a lobster clasp that’s also adjustable. Then, David started looking into my deep brown eyes.

“I’m seeing a twinkle in your eyes that sparkles like the jewels.” He said to me.

I smiled and blushed at his compliment. He slowly walked up to me and softly kissed my lips. His kisses were warm, soft, and sensual. As we kissed, he placed my Kate Spade bag on a hook at the back of the office door. I got a look at David for a brief moment, not only is he handsome, he’s also tall. I returned his kiss on the lips with a much more passionate one. I slowly unbuttoned his black, royal blue, and gray striped button-down shirt. OMG! He had a body on him! He was ripped in a Taylor Lautner-type way and his skin was smooth to the touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bellydancer Next Door

Honey Lust story extended preview

Sneak peek of My Under the Cover Angel (Kellan Lutz visual)